Provision Center for Proton Therapy is proud to partner with WVLT Channel 8 on the “2nd Opinion, 2nd Chance” campaign. More than 1.6 million cases of cancer are diagnosed each year in the United States resulting in nearly 586,000 premature deaths. The Volunteer State sees nearly 36,000 new cancer cases resulting in 14,000 deaths.
By encouraging self-education, preventative screenings and increasing awareness of available cancer treatment options such as proton therapy, we hope to encourage the East Tennessee community to make informed healthcare decisions. If you or a loved one are diagnosed with cancer, get a second opinion and find out what treatments are available to you. The goals of this campaign are to:
- Encourage taking charge of your own health by learning about appropriate cancer treatment options available to you right here in this community, such as proton therapy
- Promote early detection by encouraging preventive screenings
- Connect cancer survivors with future survivors
- Increase awareness of advancements in cancer treatments
- Share cancer survival stories
- Encourage participation in the Eddie Check program, a FREE PSA blood test to detect prostate cancer, held every Fall in more than a dozen East Tennessee communities