The team at Provision Center for Proton Therapy is dedicated to offering effective, personal care to the patients we serve. We’re passionate about creating opportunities for individuals to support and serve patients with the most advanced treatment options available.
Provision Center for Proton Therapy – Patient Concierge
The primary focus of the Patient Concierge will be to make a positive impression, reflecting the Provision Culture of Care, by greeting and welcoming patients, families and visitors and assessing and facilitating their needs. This position will be a member of the Care Team that will seamlessly transition patients and their families from first consultation, to daily check-ins, to treatment, and follow-ups. This position will be responsible for patient registration and upkeep of electronic medical record demographics adding value by maintaining the integrity of our medical record.
- Welcomes patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone, with a hospitable and positive attitude; answering potential patients or referring inquiry phone calls while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties by organizing and preparing patient appointment schedules, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area.
- Exercises diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients;
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Provision policies and HIPAA requirements. Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Provide support for Patient Services Manager to assist in executing patient programs or other necessary functions to support Patient Experience by maintaining and caring for the patient lobby, café, and the organization of the front desk to efficiently serve the patients.
- Maintains café inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics in the medical record by scanning ID’s and insurance cards and uploads.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying departments of patient’s arrival through unique queuing system.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of patient accounts.
- Obtains revenue by collecting any out-of-pocket expenses such as copays, coinsurance and/or deductibles and records, maintains, and balances daily deposits.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Employee will be empowered to use best judgement if dealing with unique patient situations.
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree preferred
- Knowledge of electronic medical records
- Knowledge of area tourism preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and facilitate needs
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task
Work Environment/ Physical and mental demand:
- Physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, and lifting.
- Will be scheduled based on operational need. (rotate shifts, standby, AA, on-call)
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric, dismembered and deceased patients.
- Must have the ability to handle working under stress and at a high pace.